Breakwater Insurance Brokers welcomes and values feedback and complaints from all of our clients.
We are committed to providing you with the highest standard of service and we encourage you to let us know if any of our products or services have not met your expectations in any way.
How to lodge a complaint with us
Please contact us with your complaint via:
(a) Telephone: (03) 5562 0248;
(b) Email: email@example.com;
(c) Post or in person: 182 Fairy Street, Warrnambool VIC 3280
If you need any assistance to lodge your complaint, please contact us via any of the above methods and we will be more than happy to provide any assistance we can.
How we deal with complaints
Our clients are our priority, and we take complaints very seriously. We will endeavor to resolve your complaint as respectfully and efficiently as possible.
Our process for dealing with complaints is as follows:
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint as soon as possible and, at most, within 24 hours of receiving it.
- We will aim to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction within five days of receiving it.
- If the following circumstances apply, your complaint will be considered closed:
- We provide you with our proposed resolution of your complaint; and
- You confirm to us (either verbally or in writing) that you are satisfied with the actions taken by us in response to your complaint and don’t wish to take the matter any further; and
- You do not request a written response from us; and
- Your complaint was not about hardship, a declined insurance claim or the value of an insurance claim.
- If any of the above circumstances do not apply, we will progress your complaint through our Internal Dispute Resolution process and, within 30 calendar days, provide you with a written response informing you of:
- The final outcome of your complaint at internal dispute resolution stage;
- Your right to take your complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA); and
- The contact details for AFCA.
If you are not satisfied with the final outcome of your complaint at internal dispute resolution, you have the right to take your complaint to AFCA. AFCA provides consumers and small business with free, fair and independent dispute resolution for financial complaints.